Friday, November 14, 2014

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Nothing crazy to report on the homefront. It's been too long since I've posted, but that crazy work schedule has started to take ahold. My birthday and Halloween have already come and gone, and now Thanksgiving is only around the corner! Starting to get nice and chilly here in the big ole city though.... I'm sure I'll have muuuuuch to speak to once the holiday hits and the festivities really begin.

One of the latest restaurants I've been seen at that's worth mentioning is Pocha 32 (15 W 32nd St). Right in the heart of Korea town, the restaurant is located through an off-the-radar door and upstairs to a leveled venue. The space itself is rather small, but it makes for an authentic and intimate experience. Perfect for a group of 3-6. I've never even had Korean food before so I didn't know what to expect, but luckily I had some more experienced folk by my side who were able to order for the whole table. The restaurant is known for their large servings of stews/soups, so the trick is to order about 2 of those per table and split between friends.

The menu is pretty expansive (as can be seen by checking out the link above) so there's plenty to go around and a variety of dishes to suite even the most discerning palate. Our particular dish, shown in the photo below, had a whooole lot goin' on. This is a shot in the dark (it was a rough night) bu there are noodles, hot broth, sausage, tofu, and assorted veggies. Who knows what else. DELICIOUS flavor. 



To be honest, after a few of the drinks highlighted blow I probably would've eaten whatever they gave me. BUT, one of the coolest drinks I've ever had has to be their Water Melow Sawa. Served in half of a carved out watermelon, the cocktail is made of pureed water melon, soju (distilled alcohol from polished rice and barley), and Sprite. We obviously ordered a few of these bad boys: 


Pocha 32 is definitely a cool experience for those who like to venture outside their comfort zone and try some new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment