Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Well, This Was Unexpected

So, I never was really a fan of the whole "blog" idea. I considered starting one in the summer of 2012 when I was traveling throughout Europe. But at the end of the day, I knew I didn't want to be confined to a screen and a keyboard when I could be out in the thick of things. I wanted to be actually, entirely, wholly invested in the journey itself and my own personal experiences rather than wrapped up in the idea of relaying that to other people.

And yet, here I am! A recent New York City resident shipped over from good ole Cleveland, Ohio. My love for writing and editing has been an important aspect of my life, and although I'm mostly doing this in part because apparently it's "in" and "the thing to do now," according to The Man, I also like the idea of not giving up what I believe in. And what I've been told I'm good at. So here's to you fine people. I thought it'd be easier to get started on this before life gets crazy and a 9-5 takes up all of my time (and arguably creativity).

My goal for this blog is, simply, to stick with it. I know it'll be difficult to update on a fairly regular basis, but I don't like to start things that I can't finish or where I can't follow through. I love exploring, so therefore most of what I post will be recaps of places I've been, with bars and restaurants being the most frequently visited (no shame admitting that). Like any sane person, or maybe just when I'm not posted up at the bar swimming in a nice martini, I enjoy reading and watching movies. So some reviews of my latest literary and cinematic indulgences can also be expected.

CHEERS from Madison Ave, where this temporary office job is just boring enough to convince me to start a blog. 

Here goes nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment