Thursday, September 4, 2014

NYC Cribs: Yorkville Edition

So my mom thinks I blog about drinking too much. I tried to explain that I'd rather label it as "restaurant reviews" but I don't think she's ever watched Anthony Bourdain.

BUT, since I'm a sellout and don't wish to "limit my audience," I'm going to take you inside my NYC crib. To be honest, I spent a lot of time planning on how I would convert a small space and make it look semi-hospitable. I'm not very crafty or creative when it comes to decorating. Although our space really isn't small compared to other New York apartments, it still helps to make the most of the room you have.

DISCLAIMER: This episode does not and will never feature Maseratis, Rolls Royce Phantoms, swimming pools, Jacuzzis, indoor movie theaters, or unfairly attractive individuals. Feel free to stop reading.

So moving forward, I'll start with my own personal living quarters. Since I live with one other girl and buying a two bedroom apartment meant sacrificing my first born child and the money I still have in my savings from my fifth birthday party, we decided to stick with a one bedroom and convert the living room into my space by putting up a temporary wall.

SO, I knew that I wanted to have a beachy feel to my room (because who doesn't love the feeling of a cozy beach house, am I right?). I went with a turquoise, tan, and white color scheme. But my absolute favorite part was my picture collage project. If you don't know me or aren't my Facebook friend, you won't know about my devotion to taking artsy pictures of wine or martini glasses or cool looking bars. I wanted to take the pictures and pieces of where I've been and construct them in a unique way to make my new room feel familiar. I bought about 18 picture frames of all different sizes and shapes in black, brown, and white and constructed them in a mix-and-match pattern throughout different areas of my room.

Here's an example above my bed

The room also doesn't have the world's worst view either (NOTE: This only applies when you're lying down and looking up at the buildings so that you can't see the massive construction going on next door)


As for the rest of the apartment, it doesn't look too shabby either. I have to give major props to my roommate for bringing a lot of the decorations. And could it have worked out more perfectly that most of our decorations have a wine theme? I think not. Check out our dining area, for example:

Bonus points if you can spy the wine glass
And here's one last glimpse into our skinny kitchen. But can't complain since we have a full fridge, oven/stove top, and a microwave.


 Come join us for a party, you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment